Frequently asked questions
1Where is the Dojo?
The Dojo is located in the suburb of Bardon in Brisbane, at the following address: Seishinjuku Karate Dojo Brisbane Jubilee Hall 180 Jubilee Terrace BARDON Qld 4065 Mob: 0449 219 479
2How much does it cost?
There are currently monthly and per session rates for adults and kids classes, with discounts available for multiple family members. Please contact Sensei Jason for further information.
3What should I wear?
For new students we recommend wearing loose clothing, such as tracksuit pants or shorts, and a t-shirt to class. Jewellery and watches should not be worn during training. Once a student has demonstrated the principles and desire to continued study, a uniform can be purchased.
4What if I don't know Japanese?
We use basic Japanese for things such as counting etc. Various techniques, stances etc are also in Japanese although new students will not be expected to understand these. Learning the relevant terms will come with participation and practice however.
5What can I expect?
Your first class is basically an introduction to how the classes are run. You won't be expected to do everything that the other students are doing. You will learn about the correct protocols when entering and leaving the Dojo, addressing seniors as well as some basic techniques. From there, the adventure begins!
6Will I get injured?
While every effort is made to limit the possibility of injury all students and parents must understand that Karate is a contact based activity. While many of the components of the style do not require interaction a large number do and as such there may be a minimal chance of injury. The Seishinjuku Dojo has all relevant insurances in place to cover extreme outcomes.
7Anything else I should know?
Just some general guidelines for training in the Dojo.
- Please ensure fingernails and toenails are well trimmed at all times
- No jewelery including rings are to be worn during the class
- Ensure your uniform is clean, ironed and you are well presented for all classes
- Personal conversations during class are not permitted, please wait until there is a drink break to converse socially with other students
- If you have to leave the mat during the practice, please ask permission from the Instructor present at that time on the mat
- Never lean on the walls, the stage or fold your arms when you are waiting your turn or receiving instruction
This dojo is a place where humility, honour integrity and other old world values such as personal development and discipline are developed and encouraged.
Seishinjuku Karate Dojo is a great place to learn and practice an authentic martial art.
I thoroughly enjoy training under the guidance of Sensei Jason and would recommend karate to anyone looking to improve their fitness/agility, knowledge of martial arts/self defence, and self respect/confidence.