Karate training for adults is available to all, male and female from 17 to 70 years of age. At the Seishinjuku Dojo we run small but dedicated classes for people looking for an authentic, traditional karate experience. We treat you as a student as opposed to an income stream or a punching bag. Whether you’re looking for a new challenge, a new source of health and fitness, or just looking to make friends in a safe but hardworking dojo environment that will test and challenge you, we invite you to come in and try us.
For those looking to compete, we are regularly invited to tournaments all over South East Queensland and beyond, including the Annual Shinzen Kyokai, an international tournament based in New York for the Shorinjiryu Karatedo family worldwide.
Some of the health benefits of regular Karate training are:
Broadly speaking they sit under the following categories
- Obesity – Burn those calories! Increase your metabolic rate and get stronger. Reduce your risk of obesity
- Exercising the heart – exercises and drills completed in class will get the heart pumping! Remember it’s a muscle!
- Flexibility, speed and balance – the combination of exercises and drills conducted in class will assist in improving your functional strength
- Endurance – Karate increases your aerobic cardiovascular endurance, so your muscles will build more endurance
- Strength – Karate will help you to increase your muscle strength while also improving your musculoskeletal health
The benefits in terms of personal wellbeing, emotional and mental improvement are much more difficult to measure, but ask anyone who’s trained for a period of time and they’ll certainly account for long lasting benfits!
Feel free to contact us on 0449 219 479 for additional information or get in touch.
This dojo is a place where humility, honour integrity and other old world values such as personal development and discipline are developed and encouraged.
Seishinjuku Karate Dojo is a great place to learn and practice an authentic martial art.
I thoroughly enjoy training under the guidance of Sensei Jason and would recommend karate to anyone looking to improve their fitness/agility, knowledge of martial arts/self defence, and self respect/confidence.